Student Visa (subclass 500)
Student visa allows you to visit Australia temporarily to participate in a course of study. You can live, study and work for maximum of 20 hours per week in Australia for up to 5 years depending on the duration of your course.
Eligibility criteria for the Student Visa (Subclass 500)
The main criteria for this visa include:
· Be over 6 years of age;
· Be enrolled as a full-time student in a CRICOS-registered course
· Have the financial capacity to fund cost of your course and cost of living in Australia
· Have at least IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent (you could still apply for student visa if you have an IELTS score 5 or 4.5, however for every 0.5 score, you are required to study at least 10 weeks of English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS);
· Have adequate health insurance;
· Be a genuine temporary entrant and leave Australia after finishing your studies;
· Meet Australian health and character requirements.
If you would like to discuss your student visa options with a Migration Lawyer, contact us now or leave your contact details and we will contact you as soon as possible.