Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408)
This is a temporary visa which allows you to come to Australia and participate in specific activity on a short-term basis. You need to be invited by a supporter if the activity is for less than 3 months and be sponsored by an approved sponsor if the stay is longer than 3 months.
You can come to Australia to participate in the following activities:
· Sporting activities - Stay up to 2 years
· Entertainment activities - Stay up to 2 years
· Special program, such as youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community programs etc - Stay up to 12 months
· Religious work- Stay up to 2 years
· Research activities - Stay up to 2 years
· Invited for other social and cultural activity - Stay up to 3 months
· Superyacht crew- Stay up to 12 months
· Exchange arrangements such as Staff exchange - Stay up to 2 years
· Australian Government endorsed events - Stay up to 4 years
· Domestic work for executives - Stay up to 2 years
The criteria for this visa can vary according to the type of the activity and length of Stay.
The common criteria for the Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408) include:
· Be invited by a supporter if you are staying for up to 3 months;
· Be sponsored by an approved sponsor if you are staying for more than 3 months.
· Be a genuine temporary entrant;
· Have adequate health insurance;
· Be able to support yourself while in Australia;
· Have suitable skills for the activity;
· Meet Australian health and character requirements.
If you would like to discuss your visa options with a Migration Lawyer, contact us now or leave your contact details and we will contact you as soon as possible.