This is a temporary visa which allows you to come to Australia and participate in specific activity on a short-term basis. You need to be invited by a supporter if the activity is for less than 3 months and be sponsored by an approved sponsor if the stay is longer than 3 months.
You can come to Australia to participate in the following activities:
• Sporting activities - Stay up to 2 years
• Entertainment activities - Stay up to 2 years
• Special program, such as youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community programs etc - Stay up to 12 months
• Religious work- Stay up to 2 years
• Research activities - Stay up to 2 years
• Invited for other social and cultural activity - Stay up to 3 months
• Superyacht crew- Stay up to 12 months
• Exchange arrangements such as Staff exchange - Stay up to 2 years
• Australian Government endorsed events - Stay up to 4 years
• Domestic work for executives - Stay up to 2 years
The criteria for this visa can vary according to the type of the activity and length of Stay.
• Be invited by a supporter if you are staying for up to 3 months;
• Be sponsored by an approved sponsor if you are staying for more than 3 months.
• Be a genuine temporary entrant;
• Have adequate health insurance;
• Be able to support yourself while in Australia;
• Have suitable skills for the activity;
• Meet Australian health and character requirements.