This visa allows you to visit Australia as a tourist or business visitor or visit family members for 3, 6 or 12 months. You cannot work on the visitor visa, however you can study up to 3 months at your own cost.
Depending on the purpose of your visit, a visitor visa includes different streams, the following streams are the most common visitor visa streams.
• Tourist stream (subclass 600) ;
• Business Visitor stream (subclass 600)
• Sponsored Family stream (subclass 600)
The main criteria for this visa include:
• Have/ have access to enough money to fund your visit;
• Be a genuine visitor (i.e. stay in Australia temporarily and follow your visa conditions);
• Meet the Australian health and character requirement;
• For Sponsored Family Sponsor stream, you need to have a sponsor;
• For business Visitor stream, you need to have an invitation from the host company/business in Australia;